On-Going Opportunities Description
Although there may not be current vacancies, resumes will be kept on file for 6 months and then deleted from our system. You must reapply after 6 months.
- Performs tasks required for the safe and proper operation of an arena that may include a community centre, and surrounding grounds
- Makes minor equipment or facility repairs
- Carries out day to day janitorial duties and seasonal maintenance programs
- Produces reports concerning the operation and use of facilities
- Inspects and operates equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, compressors
- Cleans, floods and maintains ice surfaces using ice resurfacing equipment
- Set-up and take down equipment and furnishing for all types of permits, programs, public functions and sports activities
- Performs daily reading, temperature testing and maintain records of the same
- Maintains records and log books
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff
- Performs other related work as assigned
- Provides customer service to the public
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario Class "G" Driver's License and must qualify for the City's equipment operating permits and requirements.
You must also have:
- Must be available to work shifts and weekends
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties
- Must be capable of working in cold conditions, outdoors, in all winter weather conditions
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the provisions that apply to this work
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and written
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.