Application & Technical Support Specialist 2
In this temporary full time position, you will support the business transformation, development and implementation of an electronic service delivery model. The high-level primary support will include documentation of business processes / requirements, implementation of technology in collaboration with Information and Technology & Toronto Building staff, training, communication and in-person support to users.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of business processes to facilitate transfer and communication of knowledge
- Provides technical support on the Division's Electronic Markup Management Application (EMMA), Integrated Business Management System (IBMS) and other business solutions used by the division
- Develops training material and delivers training to staff in use of technology and various aspects of business process and procedures
- Provides training to clients in use of technology.
- Provides expertise in assessment, analysis, evaluation of alternatives and resolution of issues and problems in assigned areas
- Reviews and analyses existing procedures to develop, recommend, and support the implementation of improvements and preventative measures to mitigate reoccurring problems
- Develops work schedules based on priorities and dependencies
- Collaborates with Toronto Building operating units, committees and teams, other City Divisions, and external agencies to provide operational and project support
- Researches, procures, configures and deploys required business solutions in collaboration with Information and Technology Division and other business partners
- Monitors and maintains access and security and other related staff information
- Support installation and rollout of applications, hardware, software and inventory of such assets
- Collaborates with Information and Technology Division on hardware, software, connectivity, backup and recovery, capacity planning, alternatives, security, access and other related matters
- Prepares statistics and drafts summary reports
- Travels to off-site locations
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in business process reviews and the identification and documentation of business and technical requirements.
- Experience in technical and business analysis, and user support and troubleshooting.
- Experience in developing training materials as well as conducting training.
- Experience with the Amanda platform or equivalent to business systems like Project Doc, Accela.
- Experience in using MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access) and Visio.
- A post secondary degree, diploma in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You must also have:
- Thorough knowledge in the Toronto Building permit process and program areas.
- Technical proficiency in a variety of interrelated hardware and software.
- Understanding of the concepts of continuous improvement.
- Proficient in teamwork, innovative, initiative, adaptability, and analytical competencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively at various levels within organizations, including oral/written and presentation skills.
- Ability to perform detailed computations and calculations.
- Ability to learn basic SQL (Simple Query Language) for data retrieval and simple statistics and auditing records and data.
- Ability to maintain centralized online forms, notes, checklists, deficiency, user information.
- Ability to work effectively and carry out instructions with minimal supervision under time constraints.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities, co-ordinate a diverse workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff.
- Ability to carry data entry functions with speed and accuracy.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City's hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID 2266401 and the job classification title.