Administrative Assistant 2
- Performs varied administrative duties and clerical functions in connection with the operation of the Office of the General Manager, Transportation Services Division
- Exercises caution and discretion with labour relations, personnel and other confidential information. Types correspondence including that of a confidential nature
- Handles and schedules daily appointments, meetings business-related travel, events and activities for the General Manager as well as other staff in the General Manager's Office. Organizes the daily schedule around urgent requests from various areas as well as emergency response
- Screens, reviews and prioritizes incoming phone calls, e-mail and mail, processes correspondence, and where appropriate directs to appropriate staff
- Assists the Program Manager and Project Lead to monitor and flag hot issues for standing Committees and City Council
- Ensures that the tracking and following up of requests is maintained and deadlines are met
- Prepares and processes various documents/statistical summaries/reports requiring the assessment and analysis of data. Drafts correspondence composes and types letters and memoranda and routes or answers correspondence
- Checks work for accuracy and conformity with regulations, policies and procedures and corrects/resolves outstanding/incorrect items prior to signature
- Coordinates the development and preparation of summary notes and briefing materials for the General Manager.
- Prepares and organizes materials (including confidential and employment/labour relation matters). Formats Committee reports prior to signature.
- Coordinates and maintains a complex record/retrieval systems
- Responds to enquiries and complaints from senior staff, the public, agencies, and other levels of government
- Coordinates meetings, events and schedules. Takes/transcribed confidential minutes related to labour relations and other matters as required
- Maintains awareness of municipal and Transportation Services matters, administrative systems and procedures to provide effective administrative assistance
- Provides coverage for Administrative Assistant 1 duties as required
- Provide support in handling special projects
- Considerable experience in the performance of administrative support duties to senior management, handling a broad range of administrative matters, standard office practices and procedures.
- Experience working with confidential materials/information for senior management and ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential operational matters and with management staff.
- Experience in the use of a variety of software packages including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, to prepare correspondence, presentations, create statistical reports and charts related to organizing, analyzing and reporting data.
- Experience in the preparation and drafting of standard correspondence and reports, editing the layout and formatting complex reports, correspondence, charts, tables and reports to Council and Committees.
- Highly developed customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, at all organizational levels, including the political level, with members of the public and external agencies.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail, and ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and deal with conflicting priorities and work demands.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to handle sensitive issues.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with minimal supervision, prioritizing work schedule, complete assigned duties within timelines.
- Must be resourceful, flexible, adaptable, and possess a high degree of common sense and initiative.
- Must be flexible to work long hours in peak periods and be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as required.
Communication: Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, screening, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the job ID # and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.