Start your IT career with us
Working in the Information & Technology Division at the City of Toronto involves providing effective shared services that deliver innovative IT business solutions, and a secure, reliable and dependable IT infrastructure to support the delivery of City programs and services. What does this mean for your career? It means exposure to a variety of projects across a multitude of areas that will challenge your skills and knowledge in new and exciting ways.
There's never been a better time to join the Information & Technology Division at the City of Toronto. We are working with leading technologies and concepts to create solutions that are recognized by municipalities across the country. This is your opportunity to contribute to interesting and challenging projects that directly impact your community, while working with the City's talented professionals.
Check out Toronto.ca/IT to learn more about the IT Division and current opportunities.
IT Co-op Program
We are developing co-op opportunities in each of the following areas:
- I & T Portfolio Management
- Enterprise Solutions Delivery
- Technology Infrastructure Services
- IT Strategic Planning & Architecture
- Business Enablement & Client Services
In our co-op program, you will have a chance to:
- Join our award-winning IT Division for a four-month, paid work placement
- Get hands-on experience and narrow down your interests in the broad field of IT
- Provide support to City programs and services that serve approximately 2.8 million residents
- Gain experience and contribute to various areas in IT, including infrastructure, all aspects of software/web development, project management, business analysis etc.
- Learn best practices of an IT organization that is responsive in meeting the needs of over 240 different lines of business involving more than 20,000 staff at 600+ sites. This includes an infrastructure of over 22,300 desktops/notebooks/workstations, 2,100 servers, 1,000 applications and 1 petabyte of data
- Apply your knowledge gained in the classroom
- Add to your professional resume with experience working for the one of the largest North American municipalities
For more information on co-ops in the IT Division, contact Khrystyna Mamay, Human Resources Consultant, email@example.com.