ICG Full-Time Technology Analyst Program - Canada
CANADA - Institutional Clients Group - Full Time Analyst - Technology – Mississauga, Ontario
You’re the brains behind our work.
You’re ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it’s honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can’t come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi’s Institutional Clients Group (ICG) is looking for Full-Time Analysts to join the Technology team in Mississauga, Ontario. Our ICG Technologists support and enable the success of our trading businesses— and by utilizing a broad range of technologies, our team is at the forefront of innovation. We seek to drive our systems and processes toward scalable, low-latency, high-frequency enterprise systems to support Citi and our aggressive growth strategy. Technology Analysts participate in an intensive training program, where they receive in-depth education to learn the fundamentals of the Analyst role, including the Capital Markets, multiple programming languages, as well as the nuances of Citi’s culture.
Our Citi Canada Technology team builds, owns and supports many front-end, middle-tier and back-end applications that are used on Citi trading floors around the world. Numerous applications handle millions of transactions per day and have billions of dollars in trade-flow. Many teams operate on a “follow-the-sun” model and are required to have their applications running 24/7.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We’re committed to teaching you the ropes. The 2-year Analyst Program starts in June and begins with 6-week in-class training program. Following this training, Analysts will move within one of two groups over two years: Software Development or Production Support. Here at Citi, rotational programs are intended to help you build a broad skillset and accelerate your career growth by gaining exposure to more than one team. Our rotational program will help you discover the best fit for your skills and long-term career goals at Citi. Upon completion of the Program, top-performing Analysts may be eligible for promotion to Assistant Vice President (AVP).
Your time here will look something like this.
- Software Development: Use a fundamental understanding of current programming, multi-threading, and familiarity with basic concepts of relational databases as well as working knowledge of either C# or Java to design and build technology software solutions to meet business requirements.
- Production Support: Swiftly troubleshoot problems and provide solutions to front-line businesses in a dynamic and fast-paced environment by utilizing an understanding of the capital markets and your technical skills.
We want to hear from you if…
- You are planning to graduate in late 2016 or spring 2017 with a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, or another technology-related degree
- You have a 3.0 GPA or above is preferred
- You are a good team player with a highly collaborative nature
- You have interest in how business is done around the globe
Skills & Competencies
Who will be a great fit here…
A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We’ll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth, career development, and a strong desire to learn and succeed in team environments
- Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making
Citi Canada is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, resume, and transcripts via the below Citi Campus link by November
Please search “ICG Full-Time Technology Analyst Program - CANADA” at www.oncampus.citi.com to apply to this posting.
Cover Letters can be addressed to:
Sean MacLure, Campus Program Lead, Citi Canada
123 Front Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5J 2M3
Interviews are expected held on Fridays in September, October and November at our Mississauga Technology Centre (5900 Hurontario Street).