Underwriting Associate, Surety
The Underwriting Associate will provide service and support to the Surety Underwriting team with the main focus of the job related to processing and related functions that contribute to Surety’s business success.
- Prepare and execute and/or arrange for the execution of bid bonds, final bonds, riders, consents, releases, cancellations, etc. for any and all Chubb Surety customers in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with department standards.
- Process all Surety data into the corporate booking system(s) including new lines, premium adjustments, cancellations, status inquiries, contract bond close outs, all bond changes, etc., in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with department standards.
- Ensure that all new lines are reviewed within a timeframe that is in accordance with department and/or branch standards.
- Ensure proper rating and coding of bonds and accuracy of data and ROE’s, making corrections where necessary.
- Check renewal bills for accuracy; bring unusual issues to Underwriter/Manager for review.
- Resolve bookkeeping problems as they arise.
- Work in conjunction with Home Office on power of attorney requests, wet powers, filings, certificates of authority, etc. in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with department standards.
- Other administrative tasks such as filing, mail distribution, courier mailing, maintaining department supplies and photocopying.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; bilingualism in English-French is considered an asset.
- Completion of University degree and/or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment, decision making and initiative.
- Ability to respond in a deadline oriented environment.
- High degree of comfort in working with numbers.
- Attention to detail, neatness and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to work and function well within a team environment.
- Effective communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent PC skills required: MS Excel and Word.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Chubb Canada Recruiting
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.chubbinsurance.ca
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org