Telephone Claims Adjuster
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
To investigate, reserve, and adjust automobile and property claims over the telephone while adhering to all claims service standards.
- Analyze first report to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of damage.
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims. Secure and/or file all supporting documentation and verify the same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
- Establish accurate and timely reserves.
- Seek technical assistance in handling claims exceeding authority.
- Achieve open to closed inventory ratio of 1 to 1 or better.
- Maintain an active diary/monitor same to achieve timely development of the file and timely disposition of the claim.
- Promptly and properly document all developments in claim file.
- Prompt referral of files after advancing the file investigation as far as possible at the telephone adjustment level to field adjusters as required.
- Exercise good judgment in reaching final disposition of claim by evaluating nature of loss, liability, injury/damage, coverage provided and applicable limits.
- Effectively negotiate compromise settlements where appropriate or required.
- Effectively communicate with the following: Claims, Loss Services, Personal and Commercial Lines, Underwriting, Brokers, and Business Partners.
- Recognize subrogation/salvage where applicable.
- Adhere to all statutory regulations.
- Effectively control the use, work product and expenses of outside vendors as required.
- Achieve and sustain Best Practice score of 90% in auto and property.
- Other duties as may be delegated by the manager.
- Completion of University degree / College diploma / or equivalent insurance-related education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - bilingualism would be considered an asset.
- 2 years auto and property adjusting experience would be an asset.
- CIP designation or a willingness to take CIP courses through the Insurance Institute an asset.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of the business of insurance, knowledge of insurance contracts, and legal requirements and regulations.
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to affect positive change when a need is identified.
Please submit your resume in confidence
Marta Benedet, Senior Human Resources Consultant
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com