Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb’s Global Infrastructure organization has responsibility for the coordination, development and support of all activities related to the production, operations and engineering of Chubb’s core infrastructure including data centers, voice and data networking solutions, messaging/mail, mainframe, servers, databases, wireless technologies and associated end user computing, services and support.
This position is responsible for providing management oversight and coordination of IT infrastructure operational activities for Chubb’s Canadian offices. The candidate in this role will facilitate technical activities for Canada on behalf of Chubb’s North America infrastructure organization, working closely with the Canadian CIO and the Canadian Applications Support team. The individual will be responsible for clearly defining roles and implementing processes within Canada that are consistent with the global organization. Further responsibilities include providing expertise in technology support and analysis as it relates to day to day business functions, project coordination for infrastructure deployments, infrastructure vendor partner activities, communication development for infrastructure related activities, and driving resolution to infrastructure related issues impacting the end user community.
This role requires a high level of proactivity, leadership and ownership across all dimensions of responsibility and the organization. Maintaining strong partnerships across IT, vendor partnerships and the business is required to effectively fulfill this broad set of responsibilities.
This position reports into the North America Infrastructure organization with a dotted line to the Canadian CIO and is responsible for partnering with the Canadian IT team to ensure that services are delivered in a consistent and appropriate manner.
Note: Some travel required within the US and Canada.
The following are additional key responsibilities. Within each of these functions, the candidate will work closely with North America Infrastructure, the Canadian IT application team and CIO and in accordance with the associated governance processes.
- Accountability and management oversight for facilitating day to day IT infrastructure activities and issues in the Canadian offices in a timely manner.
- Escalation point for all IT infrastructure related issues and activities in Canada.
- Oversees infrastructure related vendor partners ensuring that service levels and contractual commitments are met.
- Owns end to end project management, working with the Canadian PMO team, ensuring delivery of infrastructure solutions to assigned locations.
- Ensures infrastructure-driven changes are aligned with expectations and plans, including the creation and generation of the appropriate communications.
- Actively works with business partners and IT partners to understand their business and technology needs, driving solutions to address them.
- Accountability for ensuring IT service delivery deficiencies are resolved in a timely manner.
- End-to-end responsibility for communicating clear, concise and timely updates on technology related items.
- Evaluates service reports and proactively identifies and pursues required corrective actions in problem areas.
- Leverages and implements globally defined processes and identifies and pursues new and innovative ways to improve processes that are consistent, ensuring delivery of support and technology solutions.
- Actively looks for opportunities within the business community to streamline manual processes and address business challenges leveraging technology.
- Work closely with business partners, IT partners, and end users to understand their infrastructure needs and concerns earning the role of ‘trusted advisor’ for these areas.
- Leads infrastructure technology review meetings for Canadian locations.
- End to end responsibility of clear and concise communications and timely updates on technology related. issues.
- Leverages the broader IT organization to communicate and deliver business value.
- Facilitates business discussions that position IT to meet the on-going needs of business partners.
- IT professional with 5+ years of broad infrastructure experience.
- Experience with project management and/or business analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Action and closure oriented; results driven.
- Advanced organizational skills including the ability to perform various activities concurrently.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
- Ability to independently plan, manage and complete all aspects of assigned projects, delegating where appropriate.
- Strong Insurance/Business acumen.
- ITIL experience/certification beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Please send your resume in confidence to:
Danielle Zucker-Levy, Senior Human Resources Manager
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org