Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
This position is responsible for the preparation of bank reconciliations for Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (CLICC), Chubb Tempest Re Canada (CTR) and Chubb Holdings Canada Ltd (CHCL), and preparation of all balance sheet accounts reconciliations for CLICC in a timely and accurate manner. In addition, this position is responsible for the maintenance of all accounting records and assisting the Finance Manager in the completion of notes to Financial Statements, Life -1 & P&C return and other reporting requirements for CLICC and Chubb Insurance Company of Canada (CICC).
- Responsible for the full accounting process for CLICC and CHCL. This includes schedules, surveys required by home office and for local regulatory reporting;
- Assist in the preparation of CICC quarterly OSFI financial statement filings, including related working papers;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for all CLICC and CTR bank accounts, including the investigation and resolution of all differences pertaining to bank reconciliations.
- Prepare wire transfers and US bank drafts requisitions from Claims for CLICC and handle stop payments in RBC Express for CLICC, CICC and CTR. Monitor daily bank transactions for fraudulent cheques, and BAI file import into Quantum. Check monthly Quantum GL Interface to PeopleSoft for CLICC, CTR and CHCL;
- Prepare monthly Genius entries for various premium deposits, claims payments and brokers’ commissions for Unity accounts;
- Analyze and settle monthly intercompany balances between CICC and CLICC, and other worldwide affiliates;
- Prepare monthly GL reconciliations;
- Provide support to the Tax department to complete all tax related tasks, including premium tax installments and returns on all provincial levels and GST returns;
- Prepare supporting schedules as required by External and Internal Auditors;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of University degree or College diploma (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred);
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or working towards the (CPA) designation;
- 2 years of previous general accounting experience, ideally gained within the insurance or financial services sector;
- Strong practical understanding of the finance function, combined with a clear understanding of general accounting;
- Experience working with PeopleSoft is desirable;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word);
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities combined with a good business sense;
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and changing environment;
- Strong initiative and the ability to meet new challenges with a positive and proactive attitude;
- Strong time management skills and ability to focus on detail;
- Excellent communication skills and a solution oriented approach to problems.
If you are interested in this position, please contact:
Marta Benedet, Talent Acquisition Manager
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to
provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to
perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If
a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order
to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates
selected for interviews will be contacted.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org