Financial Accountant - 12 month contract
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
The Financial Accountant will support the financial reporting function of Federal Insurance Company Canada Branch (FIC) – preparation of quarterly and annual P&C returns, annual financial statements, and general ledger reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual P&C returns for FIC, including related working papers;
- Reconcile underwriting to GL data flows;
- Reconcile assigned FIC accounts on a monthly basis, investigate and clear variances and long outstanding balances;
- Prepare IFRS and/or GAAP journal entries as required for monthly and quarterly reporting;
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly reinsurance reporting;
- Responsible for the translation of the financial statements from functional to reporting currency, and the related reconciliation of balances to Home Office account and AOCI;
- Prepare supporting schedules and working papers as required by internal and external stakeholders;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of University degree or College diploma (Accounting and/or Finance major is preferred);
- Completion of Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation, or working towards the CPA designation;
- Minimum 2 years of previous financial reporting experience, ideally gained within the insurance or financial services sector;
- Demonstrated strong technical accounting skills;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Word), working experience with PeopleSoft will be an asset;
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities combined with a good business sense;
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and changing environment, a quick learner;
- Strong initiative and the ability to meet new challenges with a positive and proactive attitude;
- Strong time management skills and excellent communication skills.
If you are interested in this position, please contact:
Marta Benedet, Talent Acquisition Manager
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TalentEgg will send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org