Claims Associate, ESIS Canada Inc.
As a member of the Chubb group of companies, ESIS Canada Inc. is a third party administrator who provides claims management services across Canada. Claims management services include all lines of business ranging from low exposure to high quantum auto physical damage, auto liability, bodily injury, product liability and general liability claims. ESIS Canada Inc. is part of a longstanding tradition of financial strength, global presence, and market leadership.
Under the direct supervision of the Claims Team Leader, the Claims Associate performs customer service and claims functions within specified lines of commercial business. The incumbent will ensure timely disposition of claims with the purpose of achieving cost effective settlements on both indemnity and expense dollars for such claims.
- Conduct, coordinate, and investigate claims directly with consistent exercise of adequate file control and file documentation to support file disposition;
- Evaluate information on all types of claims and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the client and carrier;
- Set reserves within authority and make claim recommendations concerning reserve changes to the Team Leader. The Claims Associate documents files with clear, well written file notes summarizing activities on each file;
- Provide outstanding customer service and work well with brokers, insureds, clients, third party claimants and other stakeholders as necessary in the adjustment of claims;
- Assist with client claim file audits requested by the client and Account Executives.
- University degree, or equivalent experience;
- Previous claim handling experience considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources;
- Strong oral and written communication as well as listening skills;
- Committed team player with a preference to work in a collaborative setting;
- Excellent negotiation skills with an aptitude for diplomacy;
- Strong customer orientation to respond to and support customer needs;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Work, Outlook);
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Completion of or pursuing the CIP designation would be considered an asset
*12 month contract
Please submit your resume in confidence to: Marta Benedet, Senior Human Resources
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com