Claim Examiner, Claims Service Centre Toronto, ON (multiple positions available)
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
To investigate, reserve, and adjust multiline claims, while adhering to all claims service standards.
- Assigning files based on severity and maintaining assignment log, communicating claim set up acknowledgement
- Triage of appropriate claims to determine best method of handling.
- Claims Bordereau management
- Analyze first report to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of damage.
- Managing reimbursement process for follow-ups.
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of assigned claims. Secure and/or file all supporting documentation and verify the same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
- Exercise good judgment in reaching final disposition of claim by evaluating nature of loss, liability, injury/damage, coverage provided and applicable limits.
- Effectively negotiate compromise settlements where appropriate or required.
- Effectively communicate with the following: Claims, Loss Services, Personal and Commercial Lines, Underwriting, Brokers, and Business Partners.
- Effectively control the use, work product and expenses of outside vendors as required.
- Property/Auto Salvage and Recovery assistance/management.
- Acting as audit coach for technical tower to ensure compliance with best practices.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Completion of University degree / College diploma, and/or equivalent insurance-related education and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous claim handling experience would be an asset.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of the insurance business, knowledge of insurance contracts, and legal requirements and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to follow-up independently.
- Ability to respond as a team player, in a multi-task environment.
- Must possess an aptitude for technical, detail-oriented work.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Chubb Canada Recruiting
At Chubb we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform Human Resources. If a selected applicant requests accommodation during the recruitment process, Chubb will consult with the applicant in order to provide suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.chubbinsurance.ca
TalentEgg will send your application to: email@example.com