Talent Pool - Registered Nurses (RN) - Operating Room and/or Recovery
Founded in 1996, False Creek Healthcare is one of Canada’s most renowned independent health providers, offering world-class service to individuals seeking immediate access to high quality medical care in Canada. Services include advanced diagnostics, executive health, family practice, urgent care, surgeons, specialists, plastic surgery and more. False Creek’s team of over 100 physicians and surgeons are leaders in their fields, chosen for their professional qualifications and dedication to the care of others. They are leaders in their fields, with the highest degree of surgical skills, experience and knowledge available.
Falsecreek Healthcare is a member of the Centric Health Group of Companies, a privately-held organization whose vision is to be one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada with an unwavering commitment to deliver a superior quality of care.
This is an exciting opportunity based at the False Creek Healthcare Centre facility located in Vancouver for Registered Nurses speacializing in 1 of the following areas- PACU, OR, and General
Your Day To Day
These active, hands-on PACU, OR or General RN role will work closely with and under supervision of the Nurse Manager and the OR Team Lead to support the needs of the facility. The RN is responsible and accountable for providing direct patient care using the nursing process through the assessment, planning, implementation and on-going evaluation of patient needs. Overview of Nature and Scope of work:
- Hands-on PACU, OR, General activities and nursing tasks; providing appropriate assessment and care pre-op, intra-op and post-operation recovery
- Clinically knowledgeable and competent
- Possess the skills, knowledge and experience to assess, treat and teach patients undergoing a variety and combination of operative procedures.
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities to support the facility and national ORNAC Standards
- Acts in accordance with CRNBC standards and scope of practice and in accordance with facility policy and procedures.
- Utilizes appropriate communication channels to disseminate information
- Demonstrates a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers and supervisors.
What You Bring To The Team
- Registered in good standing with or be eligible for registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of BC (CRNBC)
- Minimum of 2 years current nursing experience required in a similar role;
- Completion of an approved postgraduate OR nursing certification program, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Graduate of a recognized Nursing Program
- ENT, Ortho, general Surgery and plastics experience an asset
- Current CPR ‘C’
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers in Canada. Then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the centre of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today?
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accomadations.