Surgical Processor (CPD Technician) (Casual)
Joining Maples Surgical Centre!
Located in Winnipeg, Maples Surgical Centre has fully equipped state – of – the art operating room, six recovery beds, and three short stay rooms. Maples offers a broad range of procedures in plastic surgery, orthopedic surgery, cataract surgery, pain management, as well as pediatric dentistry.
As the Surgical Processor, you are responsible and accountable for providing direct support to the surgical unit, including the OR and Procedure Rooms to facilitate the processing of patients. The SP will act in accordance with provincial standards and scope of practice pertaining to the processing of surgical instruments and consumables for the various procedures. The SP must possess the skills, knowledge, and experience to evaluate and process instruments, prepare packs for the various procedures and maintain or ensure the maintenance of the sterilization equipment required to perform these tasks. Possesses critical thinking and assessment skills.The SP must demonstrate a professional and caring approach in dealing with clients, co-workers, and supervisors.
This is a casual, part-time role in supporting our facility during the hours of 2PM-8PM, Monday through Saturday on an on-call basis.
Your Day To Day
- Decontamination, assembly, and sterilization of all general instrumentation including specialty instruments used throughout the surgical facility.
- Decontaminates, inspects, assembles, sterilizes and distributes to appropriate areas, all surgical instrumentation, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of proper preparation and packaging for sterilization
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper methods of sterilization relevant to each type of instrumentation.
- Appropriate disbursement of all sterilized instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Notifies Supervisor, or designee, of broken/missing instruments or equipment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of case cart system priorities and policies.
- Assists in the general orientation and training of all new personnel whenever applicable.
What You Bring To The Team
- Completion of Medical Sterile Processing program
- Must have a good knowledge of instrumentation and sterilization techniques.
- Capable of working under pressure and performing a wide range of duties that may require independent action.
- Must be proactive, cooperative, alert, accept directions, and be able to function as a team member.
If this sounds like you and you are looking to be a part of one of Canada’s largest independent healthcare providers, then we want to hear from you!
About Centric Health Group of Companies
At Centric Health our passion is people and the center of everything we do. Centric Health provides a wide range of care programs and services, specializing in surgical and diagnostics, surgical weight loss, cosmetic surgery, orthotics, primary care, and pharmacy services. Nationally across Canada, we service over 25,000 patients in long term care facilities, fill over 800,000 prescriptions per month, operate 25 OR’s and own one of only three fully accredited private hospitals in Ontario. Our healthcare solutions focus on leading patient outcomes in three areas of care: medical & surgical, specialty pharmacy and orthotics. We employ over 900 highly talented and skilled expert healthcare professionals, physicians, pharmacists, nurses, technologists, technicians, and support staff.
Tell us about your passion by submitting an application today!
Your Care. Our Focus.
Centric Health provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported throughout the recruitment and employment process. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants must notify the Human Resources department in advance should they require any additional accommodations. These are handled on an entirely confidential basis.