DOD Technician (Data Destruction)
We have been in business since 1981 and for the last two decades we’ve been helping a wide array of institutions in industries such as education, healthcare, government and private organizations in North America increase their computing power while cutting budgets and offering superior service. We do this by providing brand name, recertified equipment that is half the price of new while giving such comprehensive and easy warranties that take the uncertainty out of the used market. Throughout our years of experience, we’ve gained a deep understanding of the challenges faced by I.T. managers and how to overcome them in the most cost-effective way. Learn more: http://www.cdicomputers.com
We are searching for reliable and enthusiastic individuals to join our production team. Our technicians play a vital role in the quality of our products by appropriately installing, configuring and upgrading all software and hardware. They are knowledgeable in accurately diagnosing technical issues. The work day is devoted to repairing systems at a designated station. You will be guided by a Team Lead and Senior Manager that will provide support when needed. Our production team is driven by efficiency and precision and each team member makes a fundamental contribution. CDI strives to create an environment that fosters teamwork, an opportunity for growth and a shared commitment to excellence.
HOURS OF WORK Monday to Friday: 7:30am - 3:30pm
RATE OF PAY 15.00
- Use Data Erasure Software to sanitize – wipe in systems HDD.
- Server configuration and HDD removal and installation.
- Configure BIOS for PXE boot.
- Use drive wiping appliances for loose drive sanitization.
- Load pallets with processed systems.
- Complete drive sanitization reporting for completed lots.
- Destroy, crush – shred failed drives.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Speak, read and write in English
- Ability to recognize and be familiar with different hard drive interfaces i.e. Fiber Channel, SATA/SAS, and IDE.
- Knowledge of any Data Erasure Software Programs, Blancco, Tabernus, WipeDrive or others.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Excel
- Experience with hardware Servers, PC, Laptops and Tablets.
- Should be knowledgeable in troubleshooting software and hardware equipment.
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Must own steel-toed safety shoes
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of high school
- A+ Certification an asset
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse experience
If you can add value to CDI and are interested in this exciting career opportunity, please apply. Thank you for your interest in CDI. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. At CDI, we celebrate diversity and employment equality.