Accounting Student Co-op
The Accounting Student will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced and talented professionals and take part in interesting and challenging work assignments. Building on classroom studies, you will develop and enhance your skills while working with mentors to ‘kick-start’ a successful career in Accounting.
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
We are looking for highly motivated and qualified undergraduate students in their final years of study, looking for a chance to work alongside experienced and talented professionals and take part in interesting and challenging work assignments. Building on classroom studies, students will develop their skills while working with mentors to ‘kick-start’ a successful career in Accounting.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Processing capital, revenue, royalty and expense amounts within the terms of governing agreements
- Preparing reports; journal entries and statements of accounts
- Reconciliation and analysis of various general ledger accounts
- Set up and manage a number of oil and gas properties and their transaction files
- Gathering, researching, entering and confirming accurate data
- Clarify, investigate and respond to queries and disputes from partners and internal departments
- Processing audit queries from outside partners and internal audit
- Contributing to project work
- Currently enrolled in the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a Co-op Degree Program in Accounting
- Commitment to a career in Accounting
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and effective communication skills
- Familiarity with and understanding of:
- Accounting concepts and principles
- Research strategies and analytical thinking
- Microsoft Excel
Location: Calgary head office
Term: 4 or 8 month term beginning May or September 2017
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary and the opportunity to gain valuable, hands on experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Challenging projects that develop your expertise and prepare you for full-time employment
- Company culture that fosters a fun working environment, developing meaningful relationships, and continuous learning
Your application must include an uploaded Cover Letter, Resume and Transcripts (in ONE document). Please specify availability (4 month, 8 months, etc.) in the Cover Letter.
Your Future with Canadian Natural
Welcome to Canadian Natural Resources Limited – where we connect your abilities with our opportunities. At Canadian Natural, we strive to provide opportunities for you to contribute in a meaningful way and apply your academic experience to challenging and rewarding projects.
Canadian Natural is one of Canada’s largest independent oil and gas producers and we’re just getting started. We are looking for talented and self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic to join our team and contribute to our exciting and growing projects and operations.