Software Developer Co-op
BMO Financial Group was established in 1817. Headquartered in Canada, we serve more than 12 million personal, commercial, corporate and institutional customers in North America and internationally. We are a highly diversified financial services organization, with total assets of 633 billion as of April 30, 2015, and more than 47,000 employees.
Our Technology team at BMO has embarked on a journey to become more agile, responsive and innovative to meet our customers’ expectations and to stand out against growing competition. To achieve this transformation we will be the bank that defines great customer experience for BMO’s growing-12 million clients across the Retail, Wealth and Institutional markets. These are exciting times to be a part of our bank, as we become One Technology, One Bank where Technology employees become true partners in the business.
Software Developer Co-op
• Helps develop software solutions to meet customer requirements through team and individual efforts.
• Participates in the analysis and composition of requirements, design of architectural and component software features, design and implementation of system, design and implementation of test plan, and documentation of final product.
• Should be able to adapt to new languages, methodologies, and platforms to meet the needs of the project.
• Develop applications written in SQL, PL/SQL, C#/C++ or Java.
• Initial duties may include reviewing code, writing documentation, and following test procedures.
• Work may include data analysis, developing SQL statements, creating feed files, UI design, testing and documentation within the SDLC.
• Work alongside SW development and test engineers as part of an agile or iterative development process to build a robust data environment.
• Experience working on software development projects
• Experience using one of C#/C++, Python, Java programming languages
• Experience with software engineering processes and tools
• Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
• Enthusiastic contributor, willingness to learn new skills and takes on ownership of work
• Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of DevOps methodology and practices
• Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment
• Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to multi-task & support multiple priorities
• Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.