Operations Analyst Co-op
The Operations Analyst (OA) is responsible for a number of monitoring and reporting activities that contribute to the effective 24/7 operation of hardware, software, network and application resources within the Bank’s processing environments. The OA is also accountable for supporting Intermediate and Senior Analysts in confirming all service level agreements are met in terms of online availability, connectivity and report and statement completion.
• Monitors performance and availability of hardware, systems, applications and links to ensure system and application service level availability objectives are met or exceeded for our Partners
• Monitors batch scheduler, and resubmits failing jobs striving to ensure batch/report and statement service level availability objectives are met or exceeded for our Customers
• Directs, coordinates, and responds to automation prompts for operator intervention
• Controls all special tape and cartridge requests to meet critical processing deadlines while adhering to physical and logical tape security requirements
• Confirms that operational processes are executed in a timely manner (backups etc) to ensure system and application service level availability objectives are met while maintaining a recovery point in time
• Reports incident conditions immediately to senior/lead staff to expedite restoration of service or to eliminate the potential for a service disruption situation
• Executes real time recovery actions under the direction of the Senior Operations Analyst and/or Operations Shift Manager to resolve critical issues that may impact established service levels
• Completes incident record information and shift log documentation to document the incident for tracking purposes and logs details for shift turnover communications and follow-up activities
• Contributes to BMO Financial Group’s overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
• An Engineering; Computer Science; Finance/Commerce; IT Management major
• Demonstrates basic knowledge of supported hardware, systems applications, networks and platforms
• Strong understanding of Unix
• Displays some knowledge of raised floor automation tools, software and processes
• Knowledge of Windows would be considered an asset
• Exhibits basic knowledge of support organization and processes
• Maintains a basic understanding of ITIL Processes
• Possesses good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrates basic technical and problem identification skills
• Is able to handle problems at times of a complex nature
• Is comfortable with shift rotation
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.