Mainframe Performance Analyst Intern
The Mainframe Performance Analyst Intern is responsible for Mainframe System Utilization and Optimization in terms of technologies and resources that will maximize the efficient delivery of service while containing costs. The intern will analyze, develop and create reporting using Mainframe metrics.
- Ensure the Mainframe tools are functioning and gathering metrics
- Identify tuning opportunities to improve mainframe response times
- Analyze short term trends and provide a monthly forecast of system resources
- Proactively identifies and provides recommendations to tune and configure mainframe systems – this includes weightings, memory requirements and workload placements
- Is responsible for input to short term capacity planning on the mainframe systems
- Maintain central reporting on the Web page
- Maintain current reporting and develop new reports as they are need
- General computing skills , zOS skills would be an asset
- Some programing skills would be an asset
- Some working knowledge using statistical data
- Working knowledge of database search and data extraction
- Excellent communications skills ; verbal and written
Area of Focus :
- Systems programmer background
- z/OS performance metrics, SMF, RMF, WLM, TDS/z, MXG
- Hardware - CPU, DASD, Tape
- SQL programming
- SAS programming language
- Website design and programming
- Web hosting
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers,
our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.