Junior Application Software Developer Co-op
The Junior Application Software Developer is part of an development team building and working on
Enterprise wide software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET/SharePoint 2013 development stack. The Junior Application Software Developer is involved in all areas of development from design, development, testing and deployment.
Reporting to Senior Technology Officer and Application Support Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the Junior Application Software Developer include:
• Working with a development team to aid in the design, development, deployment and maintenance web-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies
• Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
• Preparing reports, build guides and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of the applications
• Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
• Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
• Package and support deployment of releases
• Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems
• Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget
• Providing third-level support to business users
• Knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes
• Programming knowledge (Java, C#)
• Understanding of relevant technologies
• Strong analytical ability for problem solving
• Strong communication and technical writing skills
• Strong in writing scripts (ksh, perl, sql and etc.)
• SharePoint and .net platform experience would be considered an asset
• Computer Engineering; Computer Science; IT Management major
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.