Development Database Analyst Co-op
BMO Financial Group was established in 1817. Headquartered in Canada, we serve more than 12 million personal, commercial, corporate and institutional customers in North America and internationally. We are a highly diversified financial services organization, with total assets of 633 billion as of April 30, 2015, and more than 47,000 employees.
Our Technology team at BMO has embarked on a journey to become more agile, responsive and innovative to meet our customers’ expectations and to stand out against growing competition. To achieve this transformation we will be the bank that defines great customer experience for BMO’s growing-12 million clients across the Retail, Wealth and Institutional markets. These are exciting times to be a part of our bank, as we become One Technology, One Bank where Technology employees become true partners in the business.
The Development Database Analyst Co-op (DevDBA) assists the Senior Development Database Analyst (Senior DevDBA) with the design, development, implementation, and maintenance/support of application databases and is accountable for the completion of project deliverables. The DevDBA designs secure databases that provide high performance for business applications.
• Participates in the design, development, testing, and implementation of enhancements to existing databases and/or creation of new databases in order to provide assistance to the Senior DevDBA
• Performs basic database administration functions (including installation of database software, creation/modification of database servers, account set-up, maintenance, access, and permissions) by applying required changes to multiple databases in order to support project demands
• Creates/maintains database and operational documentation according to BMO and unit standards in order to capture current knowledge (e.g., new business data definitions, Design decisions, and Production procedures)
• Participates in and contributes to project and team meetings together with the Senior DevDBA, interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments, as appropriate, in order to understand project requirements
• Assists the Senior DevDBA (e.g., in capturing the definitions and object names according to defined standards) in order to maintain the information in the Data Model
• Captures required statistics/SQL access paths in order to assist the Senior DevDBA in tuning
We are looking for talent who:
• Focused their studies in Computer Science or Engineering
• Has .net programming experience
• Possesses good understanding of database design and development methodology
• Possesses some understanding of business requirements and the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Possesses good understanding of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) concepts
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.