Capital Markets Service Desk Analyst Co-op
The Global CMRI Solution Center 24/7 is the Capital Markets Service Desk. This team is a key component of managing the overall process of technology in the Bank of Montreal. It is the single point of contact for all Capital Market IT interruptions.
It is also a component of the end to end process that is focused on all VIP’s Traders, Investment Bankers and Research team specifically at the Bank of Montreal.
This service desk provides the ITIL incident management function to ensure VIP traders, I&CB and Research IT problems are resolved in a very timely fashion as the line of business that we support does not allow any time to wait
Some of the day to day activities for the Service Desk Analyst include but are not limited to the following:
• Is part of the CM team responsible for providing onsite helpdesk and first line/second technical support for front and back office, and related user groups for all technologies, including network/Internet connectivity, application and infrastructure issues
• Monitors performance and availability of hardware, systems, applications and links to ensure system and application service level availability objectives are met or exceeded for our Partners
• Completes incident record information and shift log documentation to document the incident for tracking purposes and logs details for shift turnover communications and follow-up activities
• Escalate issues to second level support when the solution is unknown or cannot be found within 20 minutes
• Resolves 90% of incidents at first point of contact
• Responsible for the generation of detailed Incident Ticket
• Supports all hardware and software for CM platform
• Supports remote access for home users
• Provide exceptional customer service to Line of Business Partners to resolve IT support issues
• Notifies customers and provides regular updates on major system issues
• Knowledge of databases
• Understanding of relevant technologies
• Strong analytical ability for problem solving
• A professional and confident team player
• A strong communicator
• An Engineering; Computer Science; IT Management major
• An understanding of Windows 7
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.