Business Analyst Co-op - 8 months or 12 months
Business Analyst contributes to the completion of project deliverables and is accountable for the requirement gathering, coordination with business stakeholders for UAT testing, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
Accountable for the requirement, coordination with developers and QA performing SIT testing, coordination with business conducting UAT testing, analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of the Lines of Business strategies.
Some Specific Functions of This Role:
• Writes high quality requirement documentation, testing plan and strategy
• Participates business requirement gathering sessions interacting with business users and stakeholders
• Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as necessary
• Creates a requirements management plan according to the recommended practices of the organization so that activities and milestones of the requirements management team can be measured against the goals of the plan.
• Adheres to and ensures that others adhere to the organization’s requirement management process to support the organizational standards and ensure consistency of deliverables
• Provides clarification of requirements to other project team members to assist them in the creation of their specific project deliverables
• Verifies the appearance of the testing output to ensure it meets the requirements of the business
The combination of a number of “first” for BMO, such as, the new architecture, products, agile development method, technology and development tools create a unique situation with both interesting challenges and the promise of creating a new capability within BMO Technology & Operations group.
TIBCO BPM suite (Nimbus Control, ActiveMatrix BPM and Spotfire) is an industry proven solution, which will take siloed paper-based processes and transform them into flexible, choreographed business services that will integrate with the existing infrastructure to create substantial business value.
• Demonstrates understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Exhibits good understanding of relevant technologies
• Demonstrates solid writing and documentations skills
• Possesses good problem-solving and analytical skills
• Demonstrates good communication skills both written and verbal
• Is detail-oriented with good organizational skills
• Good understanding and use of tools associated with the role (e.g. Microsoft Office)
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.