Automated Application Developer Co-op
The primary job function of the DevOps Deployment Automation Developer is to develop new automations for application teams.
The Deployment Automation Developer will provide initial as well as ongoing expertise for application automation deployment, including support and troubleshooting for the product.
The Deployment Automation Developer shares expertise with project/work teams and identifies, analyzes, implements, and/or supports a design framework for building the technology.
Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness – Is responsible for writing high quality and well documented code according to accepted standards either defined by industry, the Bank or both in terms of creation, support, maintenance, and currency of scripts, tools, utilities, applets and applications. Additionally, this role includes the investigation, evaluation and testing of new technologies and/or languages for automating application deployments.
Production and Test Environment Support – Collaborates and interacts internally and externally with EPS System Support Analysists and software application developers (within EI and Technology Development), as well as with Quality Assurance analysts, help desk staff, and the end users with modules delivered by the individual and/or team.
Change and Innovation – Identifies and recommends options, alternatives, and solutions to business requirements in an effort to meet changing internal and external conditions and meet or exceed business needs through innovation.
1. Business Delivery and Operational Effectiveness
• Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards defined by the industry, the Bank, or both
• Ensures code skills and standards are maintained in order to continue to develop/create, enhance and maintain existing and new modules, scripts, tools, utilities, applets and applications
• Investigates, evaluates and leverages existing and/or new Automation Deployment tools as provided by specific and approved vendors or by reputable and established developers
• Works collaboratively with EI and Technology Development to ensure effective coding, packaging and delivery of new modules are documented and delivered according to prescribed deployment requirements
• Identifies and avoids any potential bottlenecks that might present a threat to system security or user services
• Tests and verifies security controls in fixes, and new or upgraded products
2. Production and Test Environment Support
• Participates in Development, testing and implementation of all associated deliverables
• Work collaboratively with the EI, QA and deployment teams to ensure efficient deliveries are made to production while managing any internally-caused delays should they arise.
• Leads in Development, testing and implementation of Automation Deployment activities.
• Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate
3. Change and Innovation
• Builds strong working relationships internally and with LOBs, Technology Development and EI PMO while keeping customer satisfaction high
• Maintains a high level of internal team integration and positive environment
• Maintains open communications with the Development, Packaging and Deployment teams to ensure appropriate technical specifications are completed relative to user and platform requirements
• Seeks peer, Technical Specialist, manager and customer for feedback and areas for improvement
• A good understanding of programming (Java, Python)
• An understanding of Computer Science concepts
• Knowledge of software development lifecycle
• An understanding of development technologies; agile, waterfall
• An understanding of JIRA would be considered an asset
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.