Application Software Developer Co-op - 8 months or 12 months
Application Software Developer contributes to the completion of project deliverables and is accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation, and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with the Lines of Business (LOBs) strategies.
Accountable for the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications in support of the Lines of Business strategies.
Some Specific Functions of This Role:
• Writes high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements
• Participates in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as necessary
• Contributes to successful completion of project deliverables
• Provides support to team members and application support analyst.
The combination of a number of “first” for BMO, such as, the new architecture, products, agile development method, technology and development tools create a unique situation with both interesting challenges and the promise of creating a new capability within BMO Technology & Operations group.
TIBCO BPM suite (Nimbus Control, ActiveMatrix BPM and Spotfire) is an industry proven solution, which will take siloed paper-based processes and transform them into flexible, choreographed business services that will integrate with the existing infrastructure to create substantial business value.
• Studying toward a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies
• Demonstrates good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Exhibits good understanding of foundation of technology development
• Possesses good analytical skills for complex problem solving
• Demonstrates good communication skills both written and verbal
• Is detail-oriented with good organizational skills
• Demonstrates growing leadership and independence
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.