Summer Student Technician - Scarborough
SUMMER STUDENT TECHNICIAN
(May 2017 – September 2017)
City: Scarborough, ON
Job Code: 2226
WHO WE ARE?
Bell Technical Solutions (BTS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bell Canada that specializes in the installation of Bell services, including Home Phone, Internet and Fibe TV. BTS operates in the residential and business sectors throughout Québec and Ontario. With more than 6000 employees, BTS has experienced strong growth since its foundation in 1996 and continues to distinguish itself from the competition through highly skilled labour and an unwavering commitment to providing the best possible customer experience.
WHY CHOOSE BTS?
When you choose BTS, you are selecting a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. To ensure that we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading Communications Company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities to help our employees succeed and grow. Choose BTS if you want to make your career aspirations a reality.
The Field Services Team is tasked with the responsibility of providing installation, maintenance, and repair services for business and residential customers using the most advanced network technology in the market. As a Summer Student Technician at BTS, you will play a key role in ensuring reliable delivery of telecommunications services to our business and residential customers . You will install, maintain, and repair Fibe TV and high-speed internet, home phone, and business communications services. Put your excellent customer service skills into action as you provide direct support and guidance and respond to customer inquiries related to our world-class products and services.
- Students who will be attending an accredited post-secondary institution on a full-time basis in September 2017
- Students may have the opportunity to work on a part-time basis during the school year and return the following summer
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Access to Employee Education Assistance Program
- Discounts on Bell Services (i.e. Internet, TV, Home Phone)
- Company provided Smartphone
- Flexible student schedule to help you achieve your educational goals
- Professional support from industry leaders so you can acquire the critical skills needed to realize your career aspirations
- An opportunity to build your professional network with Canada’s largest communications company
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBLITIES?
- Be a Good Listener – identify customer needs by asking the right questions and acting on their feedback in order to deliver the best possible customer experience
- Be Team Oriented – Work collaboratively with management and colleagues to accomplish company goals
- Be a Defensive Driver – confidently operate a company vehicle safely and effectively
- Be Organized – organize your workload using company provided IT resources (i.e. Smartphone and Laptop)
- Be Analytical – demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems and make sensible decisions with a strong customer focus
- Be Professional – knowledgeable about Bell products, services and systems so you can deliver fast, effective, and quality technical solutions
- Be Responsible – protect company resources against loss, damage, and theft
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- How to install, repair, and maintain home phone, internet and Fibe TV services
- How to work safely at heights
- How to work safely outdoors, in all weather conditions
- How to lift heavy objects safely
- Defensive driving techniques
DO YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week plus overtime during summer months
- Valid Ontario Drivers License (G2 or greater)
- Safe Driving record with no suspensions of any kind on your driving abstract
- Climb ladders without fear of heights
- Work indoors as well as outdoors in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Ability to distinguish colours
- English proficiency, both verbal and written
Join our team today! Visit www.bell.ca/btsjobs and submit your application online. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment so our employees can perform their jobs well and reach their full potential. We encourage everyone to apply to our job postings, including members of the four designated groups.