2018 Finance Grad Program: Management Stream (GTA, Montreal, Halifax)
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 135 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we are committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you are passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team!
How the program works:
The Finance Grad Leadership program is a rotational program designed to give grads a breadth of experience in the various divisions of Finance.
- There are two streams:
- CPA: 30-month rotational program spanning Internal Audit and Risk Advisory, Controllers Group, and Finance Operations, which meets practical experience requirements of CPA Ontario.
- Financial Management: 36-month rotational program across various Finance departments in Finance Operations, Corporate Finance, and Bell Media. Ideal for grads planning to pursue CFA, MBA or CPA through Experience Verification Route.
This particular job posting focuses on the Financial Management stream.
Over the course of the Financial Management stream, you will be exposed to cross-functional roles where you will utilize your analytical skills in financial reporting, forecasting, data analytics, and business management. As your rotation nears its completion, your competencies, experience and skills will be assessed to determine a final landing role for you.
Why join us?
- A “head start” management development program in a dynamic and fast-paced environment that focuses on innovation and allows you to apply your technical training to real life business issues
- Develop and apply your analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills to understand and evaluate key business trends and drivers to formulate recommendations and develop forecasts
- Learn about the diverse roles within the Bell Finance organization and the telecommunications industry
- Continue to grow on a personal and professional level through one on one coaching and mentorship sessions from members of Bell Senior Leadership team
- Obtain support to achieve relevant professional certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Mathematics, with working knowledge of Accounting principles
- A university degree completed before the program start date and no earlier than two years of your application date
- A good balance of high academic achievement and extra-curricular involvement
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
- Ability to learn new systems quickly (i.e. SAP, BI, BPC tool)
- Comfortable with big data analytics and deep dive analysis to ask the right questions, identify business trends and critically assess the business to achieve greater results
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and balance multiple deliverables
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to articulate the business story
- Excellent with building relationships and collaborating
- Self-starter who works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Apply through your school’s career services (if applicable), AND on the Bell careers page
- You must submit a cover letter, resume, and most recent transcripts (unofficial accepted) to be considered
Position Type: Management
Position Level: CP2
Job Location: Roles available in Montreal, GTA and Halifax
Application Deadline: September 15, 2017
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.