BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2017—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
Metro Vancouver, BC
Provides general groundskeeping, landscape maintenance and gardening of Commission’s properties.
JOB DUTIES AND TASKS:
1.Performs grounds keeping, landscape maintenance, and gardening duties
- Performs a variety of tasks encompassing most elements of landscape maintenance, groundskeeping, and gardening;
- Carries out planting, cultivation, mowing, edging, weeding, and applies lime to lawns;
- Prunes shrubs; trees and ground covers;
- Keeps walks, driveways and entrances clean, minor patch repair to asphalt;
- Operates and does minor maintenance on mowers, edgers, trimmers and sweepers such as sharpening blades;
- Operates employer’s vehicle including trailers to load, unload and deliver supplies and equipment and/or employer’s assets;
- Maintains outdoor storm drains and sewers;
- Constructs and repairs various landscape and fencing projects e.g. retaining walls, patio boxes, etc.;
- Install and repair lawns and lawn maintenance equipment e.g. sod, in ground sprinklers, etc.;
- Operate landscaping vehicles and maintenance equipment e.g. bobcat, garden tractor, pressure washer, etc.;
- May be required to utilize tact and diplomacy in possible tenant interaction where complex health and social issues may be present. Refers tenants to other staff where appropriate.
- Successful applicant(s) are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check
- A valid Class 5 BC driver's license and satisfactory driving record required
- An Eligibility List may be established
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks, all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.